Shared Jobs Nurses & PA
Provo Canyon School
4501 N. University Ave
Provo, UT 84604
Provo Canyon School has an excellent career opportunity for an experienced APRN/PA to join our team of dedicated professionals serving children and families. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT ENTRY:
• APRN or PA - Utah license
• Experience in psychiatric and general nursing care, concepts, methodologies and skill in their implementation
• Basic teaching or training skills
• Skills in analysis, evaluation, and interpretation, organization, prioritization and time management
• Sound written and oral communication skills
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Clinical evaluation and intervention skills including crisis management
• Detailed oriented and balanced
• Ability to make sound clinical and administrative judgments and decisions
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
• Willing and able to accept continual, on-going accountability for delivery of medical services.
• Willing to travel between campuses in work capacity.
• Must maintain self-control in hostile or threatening situations.
• Able to understand and communicate applicable standards and regulations (e.g. JCAHO, HCFA).
• Ability to focus on priorities amidst distractions and multiple demands.
• Ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push and moving about in work area and throughout hospital to accomplish tasks, finger (i.e. pick or type) and grasp. Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word, conveying information to others in an audible, accurate and on occasion, quick manner. Able to perceive the nature of sounds with no less than 40 db loss @ Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction; perceive detail information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound.
• Work is primarily light work in nature requiring occasional exertion of up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Work requires visual acuity to read, prepare, and analyze data, transcriptions, and characters on computer terminal; visual inspection of documents and similar objects or items as distances generally close to the eyes.
• Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; conditions are most frequently typical of office settings and administrative work.
Professional/educational development and comprehensive benefits package, includes generous paid time off, extended leave, medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), stock purchase plan, wellness program and employee assistance program. Benefits eligibility begins after 30 days of employment.
Human Resource Director John Shumway
801-932-2500 – office
801-852-3903 – fax