Critical Care Intensivist
Critical Care Medicine
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together. Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible. Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For the second year in a row, Forbes magazine has named Utah’s Intermountain Healthcare among the nation’s top 3 healthcare organizations, and within the top 25 employers overall.
Intermountain Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary care and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• One BC/BE full-time Critical Care physician is sought to join 5 intensivists to work in the state-of-the-art facility at McKay-Dee Hospital, a 325-bed tertiary care facility
• The intensivist group provides 24 hour in-house coverage of the ICU
• 7 nights in every 6 week cycle
• One week off every 6 weeks
• 16 bed adult mixed medical/surgical ICU
• We care for general surgery, trauma, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and medical patients
• We have consultants available for every medical and surgical specialty, including infectious disease
• Referral base includes northern Utah, southwestern Wyoming, and southern Idaho
• Several of our nursing teammates are CCRN certified
• We are a participating center in the ARDSnet studies
• McKay-Dee has a new education center, with simulation lab
• We have teaching opportunities throughout the year with family medicine residents, medical students, NP students
• Opportunity to participate in the Intermountain Tele-critical care service
• We are the Northern Utah base for Life Flight
• McKay-Dee is a Certified Stroke Center
• Employment position with the Intermountain Medical Group
• Competitive pay and additional compensation for meeting quality goals
• Full Intermountain benefits that include defined pension, 401K match & CME
• Relocation provided, up to 15K
• Visa sponsorship not available
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to:
Attn: Dallas Aste, Physician Recruiting
The Ogden area has a population of over 400,000. It is a great place to live if you like easy access to outdoor activities. Ogden is located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains and is within a day’s drive of five national parks, and just a 25 minute drive to Salt Lake International Airport. Forbes Magazine ranked Ogden #2 on their list of America’s Most Livable Cities in 2010. Outside Magazine rated Ogden as the third best town in which to live. Men’s Journal ranked Ogden as the eighth best town in which to live. Ogden boasts breathtaking mountain views and access to skiing/snowboarding (9 resorts within 60-75 min drive, including Snowbasin - site of the 2002 Olympic Downhill - in our backyard!), mountain biking, hiking, fishing, kayaking, and rock climbing within minutes of leaving the hospital. There are outdoor activities for all ages, affordable real estate, and our family oriented community supports diverse interests for all cultures.