Associate Medical Director
Wasatch Homeless Health Care, Inc. (WHHC) dba Fourth Street Clinic, Salt Lake City’s leading nonprofit health care provider for homeless Utahns is an AAAHC accredited health center and a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) that operates with a core staff of 50 and a volunteer network of more than 150. Annually, the health center provides services to over 4,700 homeless men, women and children with 30,000 medical, behavioral health (including substance abuse), dental services, case management and health education classes. Fourth Street Clinic has an onsite pharmacy that provided over 56,000 prescriptions in 2014.
Fourth Street Clinic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Fourth Street Clinic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Fourth Street Clinic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Fourth Street Clinic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Salt Lake City, UT
• Participates on medical team and provides direct patient care
• Supervises and evaluates the performance of selected health center clinical staff
• Fostering professional development and clinical leadership; mediating conflict; and promoting commitment to Fourth Street Clinic’s mission.
• Convenes and conducts medical provider staff meetings at least monthly. Solicits feedback from the provider staff as a whole. Reports the activities of the ELT and Management Committee to provider staff.
• Develops, maintains, and supervises key educational activities of Fourth Street Clinic, including but not limited to the Family Practice Residency Training Program or Medicine/Pediatrics Resident Training Program, nurse practitioner and physician assistant training programs, and medical students.
• With selected staff members, contributes to WHHC's strategic Health Care Plan, medical goals and objectives, and assists in the writing of grants and development of resources for program expansion.
• Assists in the development and implementation of programs and services to meet granting agency or resource requirements and community needs.
• Works with key staff to develop and implement processes to enhance clinic operations and practices for ongoing quality improvement.
• Assist in the development of yearly clinic-wide quality improvement plan; with a clear evaluation and feedback process.
• Participates in the QI Committee
• Develops and implements need-based services and oversees general delivery of medical services in all WHHC programs.
• Board certified/eligible MD/DO family medicine or medicine/pediatrics and licensed to practice in Utah (no prenatal or obstetrics required)
• Federal DEA license, CPR certified
• Two to five year’s administrative or supervisory experience in community-based healthcare
• Excellent leadership, customer service and organizational skills as well as the ability to communicate the organization’s vision
• Experience providing care and medical case management to urban underserved population
• Strong analytical, problem solving/conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
If interested, please send resume/CV to:
No phone calls please